SUGGESTIONS FOR FUTURE LECTURES?
Is there someone you would like to hear give a lecture, or a topic you would like a lecture to cover?
Suggestions Submitted as of February, 2004
- Spreading depression and neural function and pathology
- "I would like to hear a lecture of Dr. Ron MacKay updating issues concerning the epigenetic and genetic manipulations of neural stem cells differentiation. Furthermore it would be interesting to hear a lecture evaluating current possibilities and limitations of stem cells as cell source for neural transplantation, mainly in Parkinson's Disease and others degenerative diseases in the nervous system".
- Epilepsy in Children - Diagnosis and Treatment
- Cydrotumor ceribri
- Neuroscience Education (Neuroscience for the public, the law makers, the media and K thru 12; how to take neuroscience into the classroom and livingroom; virtual "hands-on" neuroscience, teaching with the brain in mind, the application of neuroscience to your daily life, etc.) Suggested presenters: Dr. Norbert Myslinski, Dr. Paul Aravich (Both members of the Society for Neuroscience)
- "I would like to learn more about Alzheimer's disease and Parkinson's disease".
- "I would like to hear how is taught oral physiology in dental schools in several countries".
- Neural Networking
- Pain & analgesia; acupuncture analgesia; hypnosis (what is the neurophysiology behind it?)
- Nora Volkow, National Institute of Drug Abuse, NIH
- Story Landis, Neurology Institute, NIH
- Thomas Insel, NIMH, NIH